Thursday, June 16, 2011

LAST KAISER VISIT

Today was my last visit to Kaiser for Herceptin. I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saw Dr. Richert Boe today. As soon as she came in the room she said, "today's your last time, you did it!"
After my exam with her, she hugged me a couple times and sent me to find my chair.
All the nurses at some point during the 2 1/2 hours I was there came by and said congratulations!
When my IV of Herceptin was done, Maria who is the head nurse said, "Well, that's the last couple drops of Herceptin you will be getting from us"
I asked the Dr. about when I can get my port taken out and she said, " is tomorrow to soon?" So I will try to have Dr. Chung take it out in the office. Last time I met with her she said she can do it and I feel very confident and secure with her. She did my surgery.
When I was all done... they gave me a card that they all had signed. I left, went to the car and bawled like baby! I am so happy its over with. I didn't think today would be that emotional. I got back to work and still could hardly keep it together. I emailed a few friends at work to tell them and they such nice things to say!

So I am now on the down side of it. I will see Dr. Richert Boe again in early September for my three month check up. I will have three month check ups for 2 years, then 6 month check ups for 5 years then 1 check up a year for 5 years.  Wow that's a lot of check ups! But I want and need a clean bill of health. I don't want to do this again!

1 comment: