Thursday, February 17, 2011

High Tea

Today mom and I met with Jessica, Lisa Gerhke, Shari, Tawnya, Jan and Virgie for High Tea in celebration that I am well and chemo and radiation is over with,  at this little place in Longview called The Britts at 2pm. They had our table all set up, beautiful little plates, cups and saucers, tea pots, glass creamers,  water glasses, Sterling silver napkin rings on fabric napkins, Sterling silver sugar bowls with little spoons  and a white table cloth. Our table was beautifully set for a tea party.
Then they brought out two trays and two stackable trays that had three plates on each  of little sandwiches like slice cucumber with cream cheese on a little round of bread and sprinkled with dill (my favorite!), small rounds of English muffins with chicken, cream cheese and chopped tomatoes, bread with egg salad sprinkled with cayenne, phylo dough wrapped little sausages, little quiches, turkey between rye bread and white bread. Once plate on each tray was dessert, that had marionberry scones, fruit and a chocolate lollipop. The table also had a divided bowl of lemon curd, lime jelly and coddled cream (like butter) to spread on the scones. These were really good.
We had several refills on the tea , visited and had a very very very very nice time. I so appreciate the sisters (and brothers) in our hall who have all be soo very supportive through all of this.

I think back to when a pioneer sister stopped by my house and encouraged  me after surgery, " Pray to Jehovah for the wisdom to make the right medical decision for me and my situation" This has played in my  mind ever since, and its been a year now. Thank you to her for the wise counsel.

Also had my second hair cut today. Today was more of a shaping than a cut , she blow dried it and used a very small flat iron on it. I have bangs!!! Oh how I have missed my bangs!  I feel like I can have a style now. I went and bought a small flat iron and will get up extra early tomorrow to try to do it my self. Today for probably the first time since going without a wig in November, I feel like I like my hair and I have style. The girl who waited on our table today at the Britts said to me, " I like your hair".


1 comment:

  1. Getting your hair done always makes you feel better...it just FEELS better! Looks adorable! Tea sounded like a fun time. So happy you have so much to celebrate. Look how much can change drastically in a year! Love you, Missy

    ReplyDelete