Friday, August 20, 2010

Appointment Dates

Yesterday, August 19, 2010 I went to Kaiser for my weekly infusion of the Herceptin drug.

Since my next visit, next week will be the last of the chemo treatments, I asked the nurse "when do I stop going weekly for the Herceptin and start going every three weeks"
She gave me a post it note that shows my next few appointments and they are as follows:
August 26th Taxol and Herceptin (last chemo!!)
Sept 2nd, 9th, 16th than I get two weeks off  - I wont know what to do without an appointment!
then I go back on October 7th and from that date will start on the every three week program until my projected end date of.... June 16, 2011

I also have my first appointment on Sept 7th with the Radiation Oncologist to start my radiation treatments.

I also asked the pharmacist once I am done with the Taxol drug, how long do I have to wait until I can have nice big glass of red wine or a margarita in celebration of the worst part being done. His comment was to wait  3 or 4 days to make sure its out of my system. And then he thew in the comment they they all should have a drink for me. (I don't want to take any chance of mixing chemo drugs with alcohol).

I am so excited for next weeks appointment, even though I know what pain is involved and how I will feel, I wish I could go early -- just to get it over with!

But I have a lot going on between now and then. This weekend is busy with me hosting a Stampin Up party on Saturday afternoon and on Sunday having  a BBQ for the congregation.
I think its things like these that have kept me going all this time, along with, of course prayer to Jehovah to have the endurance and the right attitude and to make the right decisions for my health care.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad for you dear sister. I hope the rest of your journey goes well for you. Thanks for the congregation BBQ too. That was nice of you to get this going. Love you ~ Shari Birch

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!
    Celebrating today for you down in CA!!
    I am so happy for you to have the chemo part of your journey done, but I know not nearly as happy as you are. Way to get it done!
    You are a Survivor!!

    ReplyDelete