Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Round 8 side effects

Side effects this time have been a little different. But then, I cant say that it has been the same in the past.
This time,I felt pretty good on Friday and did quite a bit of sleeping  on Saturday, along with some crying. At one point, I went back to bed and Richard came in the room and I was crying. He asked what was wrong and I was bawling, " I am just so tired of being sick".
By Sunday night the leg cramps had started and Sunday and Monday night I spent the entire night, not sleeping, but thrashing around constantly moving my legs as they hurt so bad and had sharp pains. Today on Tuesday, I went to work at noon since I hadn't slept last night and I can feel my legs are getting better. Just a little queasy on the stomach.
I can do this, this is the last time I should have to feel like this! The light at the end of the tunnel might be visible now. I don't know if I could handle knowing doing one more chemo appointment so am glad its over.
On Monday I talked to the radiation dept at St. Johns to confirm my apt on Tuesday Sept 7th. That appointment they said would be with the Dr. so still not sure what day radiation will start but I am scheduled for 33 visits.
I think if I can do the nasty chemo, I can do the radiation.
And I am checking my hair daily for growth! I am so excited to think I will have hair again!

2 comments:

  1. Whooo hooo! So glad for you and will be excited to see the first downy glow from your newly returning hair. You did it. Everyone is so happy this part is over for you. Hello to your loving husband, not that I can't pick up the phone and bug him myself but somehow it means more in print. He has surprised us at how tender and supportive he is. Not that we didn't think he would be otherwise, it's just that you get to see new aspects of a persons persona as they go through things in life. I have learned more about you, my sister-in-law, from your blog than from ever visiting with you. I read it all the time, it is comfortable and reassuring for me as I suspect for everyone who has followed this part of your life. Thank you for sharing all of this, you have been strong and moving through this with amazing clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH! the worst thing would be to think it's the last, go in...and have them say....awww....we'd feel better if you did just ONE more! If that happens...RUN I tell you...Run fast! :-) No chance! Glad your done with that! Wade says to tell you he thinks he can see some of your hair growing back from here! :-0 Love you! Missy

    ReplyDelete