Thursday, December 30, 2010

MUGA Results

Today was my regular visit to Kaiser, my every three weeks visit for the Herceptin.
I was told that before they could hook me up to the IV and get things going, they needed Dr. Richert-Boe to sign off on the Muga heart test results.

They explained it that my first Muga was really high, above average, (I remember the substitute Dr. I had one time told me my heart was very strong)
Anyways, they said the average person starts with a count of 60 (not sure what this number is from or for or how its figured), well mine started at 69, then when i went for the next Muga scan it dropped to 66 and now this time, it was 62.
Since it was down 10% from the first time, the Dr had to OK today's Herceptin. The nurse, Angie told me that when she showed the results to Dr. Richert-Boe, she was like, "ya, so , give her the meds, she is still above average".
so that took a little extra time but  I am glad to know the Herceptin isn't weakening my heart too much.
After today I have 8 more treatments, June 16th is the scheduled end. And I will be seeing Dr. Richert-Boe every other month until June... and the Muga scans are every three months, so I most likely will only have two of them left. Cant believe I am already counting these appointments down!

I will be figuring and posting my years totals for what I have paid and what I have been billed now that the year is over and I have to start all over again with co-pays and out of pocket payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment