Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Muga Scan

Yesterday December 14th I had another MUGA scan  to check the strength of my heart. Like I have said before, the Herceptin medicine that I am now getting every three weeks at Kaiser using my port and an IV is very heard on the heart. This scan tests the heart muscle and they can see if the heart is holding up.
I should have the results in a few days. This test is done every three months, so I should only have 2 more to do until June.
Again, after laying on the foot wide bed and being completely still while the bed moved into a large circle of a machine, these two large plates come down to where they are almost touching my face. I lay with my left arm over my head and have the wires for an EKG connected to my chest and one on my left side of my body just under my breast. After about 25 minutes, they say I am done, disconnect me and I head strait to the 2nd floor at St. Johns to the Starbucks for my coffee.
My appointments have been at 2pm the last couple of times, and there is no food or drink 4 hours before.. so pretty much its no lunch for day. Not that hurts me by any means, but a good peppermint white mocha from Bucks is always a great treat!

1 comment:

  1. MMM, that sounds so good! It has been so cold here all day today (well, high 40's...cold by CA standards : )...Coffee sounds wonderful!
    Yet another appointment done and over with!
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete