Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Next Mammogram

I called and made my next appointment for my 2011 mammogram. It will have been one year since this whole thing started. I am nervous they will find something , like they did before and I will have to go through it all again. In reality, the chances of them finding something are pretty great but if they do, from what I have read it usually isn't active, live cancer and might only be scar tissue in the area. Still, it scares me just a little. Just remembering how I felt when they told me they needed a second mammogram and then got me in to for a biopsy soon after.. its all so new and fresh in my mind, as I am still getting treatment for it and healing from the radiation. I guess the need is  still there to tell myself that its going to be OK and that all I have went through, since I had it removed , was all preventative, and so is this mammogram appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment