Friday, January 7, 2011

Radiation Dr.

I went for my radiation check up.. Its been 6 weeks since I have been done with the radiation. Dr. said I am healing well and didn't plan on seeing me again. yeah!
I have no outward scars or signs of having radiation but it was nice to know I think I am done with that part of it.
He did mention to me that I need to check with Dr. Richert-Boe to see what medicine I will be on. When I asked him what he was talking about, he said that since I tested (back when I had the surgery done) positive to the HER2 protein gene ( will discuss this later, when I have more info and a great way to explain it), that I will be a medicine for 5 years. So I whined like a baby and said its one pill a day for 5 years. OK... so I guess after what I have been through, a pill a day cant be that bad I guess. I have my apt with her on January 20th so will see what info I can get out of her so I find out side effects etc. but I am not going to worry about it now.
The mammogram appointment is tomorrow morning (Jan 8th) that I am worried about. Richard is confident it will come back clean. Glad one of us is confident about it!

Here is a current pic... the hair is coming in thick and curly.. slow growing but its getting there. Today is the first day I have worn it curly with some mousse in it. Not too sure that I like it.. but its better than the wigs- even though the wigs did get me through a really tough time.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture. Glad to see you still have your lovely dark hair. Through all you've been through this last year...I thought it might all come in silver! I can't imagine how a mammogram on the horizon makes you feel...but, Wade & I are with Richard in being hopeful. Love you lots!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady,
    Great picture! Hair looks great although hardly fair that I am, what...10ish?? years younger than you and have way a lot of "silver".
    Thinking about you,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete