Monday, October 18, 2010

Radiation Itch

So I started to develop an area that was really really  itchy pretty high up, just under my collar bone. It always itched, so  I put some lotion on it. It itched some more so I found a tube of Neosporin and put that on it. Nothing worked.
So today at my radiation appointment, when I was done, I asked the technician if she thought it had anything to do with the radiation. She said yes and gave me a tube of lotion called Miaderm.
It says it was developed by radiation oncologists for patients receiving radiation therapy as part of their cancer treatment.

The Dr.  from day one told me not to use any lotion or deodorant etc in the area I will be getting the radiation. But this lotion I can use three to four times a day but not 2 hours before my treatment.

I hope it works.!
Today was treatment number 14 out of 33. This itch so far is my only side effect.

1 comment:

  1. Your getting mighty close to half way!!
    Yeah for anti itch cream, hope it brings quick relief for you!
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete