Thursday, October 28, 2010

Update

Today's posting is an update of a few things.
Hair regrowth: still too short to go without my wigs. It doesn't look like I will be making my goal of not wearing one the first weekend of November.
Eyebrows/eyelashes: they are growing back very nicely. Today I went to have my eyebrows waxed (not too thrilled with the shaping job, but it will do. As for the eyelashes, today is about the 3rd day that I have been able to put mascara on.. yippee! I love my mascara! Liked the false lashes, but just felt they never looked right, never sat at the right angle etc so didn't wear them too often.
Kaisers apt today: I had read in my cancer books that the Herceptin med I am getting every three weeks (until June 2011) has to be  mixed. Today the nurse told me that they are not suppose to order, or let the pharmacy know they need  an order of medicine until the patient is there, that they are doing OK, like blood pressure is OK, they are feeling OK and the access, whether it be by a port, an iv etc is connected and ready. But today all the chairs, i think there is 10, were full and the nurses were really busy. So my nurse, Angie told me she was going to fib and tell the pharmacy that I was accessed and ready so they could get going on my meds early. However, for the Herceptin, mixing it means that it starts in a powered form and they mix it with the chemicals, what ever they may be, and it has to set to dissolve and cant be shook to mix it so it takes a while longer than other meds to get from the pharmacy. Nice of her to realize this, since my appt was at 1:30pm and I sat there for a full hour or more before my Herceptin came along. If I have to go back to work, I am usually back by 4pm.. today I didn't leave Kaiser until 4:30pm. Long day! good thing it was my day of and I didn't have to go back to work.
Radiation Dr.  Since today is Thursday, its my Dr. day. I met with Dr. Kim for about 3 minutes today. he asked how everything was going, I said" fine", he asked if my skin was reacting OK, I said "yes", he said  "can I look at it?" I flashed open my burn-your-eye-out-red robe he briefly looked and said,
"you're right, it looks OK, see ya next week" I said, "sounds good". To think I will end up paying him a copay of $25.00 for that! I need to quit the credit union and become a Dr!
I am a little bit red still and it feels like the area is extra sensitive and becomes red and itchy really easy but  using the lotion from them seems to help.
Today was visit 21 I only have 12 left!!

2 comments:

  1. That's great only 12 left. I bet you are counting down each day. It is nice that you can see your eyebrows and lashes coming in. Soon the hair on your head will be grown out too. Like I said you are a beautiful sister in so many ways. May Jehovah be with you.

    Love ya ~ Sis Shari Birch

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am trying to do the math and figure out when the last one is....12 more would be 2 weeks plus a Monday??
    I bet you already have more brows than me : )
    Much Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete