Friday, October 1, 2010

Radiation # 3

Today, I decided to ask a couple questions about the machine.
As it rotates around me, it makes sounds. One sound is like a shuffling , card shuffling sound. The other sound it is that it beeps.
So I got to thinking that maybe when it beeps, that's when it administering the radiation. So after it was all over, I asked the technician, if the beeping sounds were when it was giving me the radiation. She said she didn't know what beeping sounds I was hearing since she has not had radiation and can't be in the room when its going, but yes she thought it was. But then I got thinking later, that she told me she can see me and hear me the entire time I am in there during treatment... but she cant hear the beeping sound?... I think over time she had tuned it out. I would, its an irritating sound! Kind of like an old door bell that buzzes.
On Monday I am going to count the times the machine beeps!

So far no effects of radiation! no burns or unusual tiredness! Glad its Friday. This every day stuff is already getting old! Now I have 2 days off!

2 comments:

  1. I know it's radiation, so they have to be careful about what else is going on in the room, but the last time my kids went to the dentist they had so much entertainment it was silly. While they have to sit there being still they have the option of listening to music on headphones, watching tv, or playing video games....I'm thinking there has to be a way to make the radiation process more entertaining than counting beeps! : )
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, There is very low volume radio that plays country music. Thats about it. So I keep my eyes shut... affraid it might radiate my eyes! not much else going on in the room! I think the dentis might be a little more exciting.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete