Thursday, September 30, 2010

Robes

Great question Beth, not all the robes are that lovely "burn-your-eye-out" red color. Fortunately, just mine is that color, as I really don't care for that color! No the robe is not mine to keep when done.

There was a high school kid in Kalama who wanted to do a fund raiser, so asked the radiation dept at St Johns if he could donate what he raised for new robes for the patients. He collected enough money to buy just over 100 robes. They are very nice, very soft and plush. So thank you to him and his efforts who ever he is.
Yes I go every day Monday through Friday for a total of 33 times. I asked for the last appointment of the day which happens to be 6pm and  I have to be there by 5:45pm to get checked in and changed. Sometimes I am off work at 5:30 so its a race to get there on time. But with having that late of an appointment, I get to park any where I want as the lot is empty. So I just pull up to the front door, park and go in. That parts kind of nice!

Every Thursday is what they call Dr. Day. Its when you are done with treatment that day, Dr. Choong Kim  (who is a male if you couldn't tell by the name) meets with you to make sure you are doing OK and to answer any questions. Since this was my second time, I didn't have any questions so our meeting was about 2 minutes long!
With my Kaiser insurance, I am only suppose to have to pay for the Dr. Days not every treatment. The hospital bills Kaiser, and they in turn bill me. I am pretty sure when I get the bill, it will be wrong but will deal with that when it happens.

1 comment:

  1. Let's hope that billing errors will be the most you have to deal with from now on! Can you believe it's October?! This year has FLOWN by! You will be done with these treatments in absolutely no time what so ever. I so want to go find a red robe for you right now! :-) That you can keep forever and ever and ever! Hahahaha! Love Ya! Missy

    ReplyDelete