Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dr. appt

Today was the last of my weekly treatment with Herceptin. I now will be going every three weeks .... until June 2011 for the Herceptin.

After my first planning session for radiation, that night the side of my  breast where I had surgery  hurt and would shoot pain. It seemed to go away later in the day only to return the next night. So today since I was meeting with Dr. Richert-Boe I asked her about it. She did a physical exam of my breast and said it seemed to be OK and that it was most likely from the stretching they had me do at my radiation planning session.

I can reach with that arm and put it over my head, etc. but to put it over my head while laying down in a reaching position, I might have over stretched a muscle a little. But to be aware of it. She was not concerned.

I also asked her if I could start taking prenatal vitamins to help my hair grow and she got a little smirk of a smile and said yes.
What I have is very very fine and mostly very light colored.

My goal is to not to have to wear a wig by the first weekend in November when we have our two day circuit assembly in Puyallup. Now how realistic that is, I am not sure but that's what I really want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment