Monday, September 13, 2010

Radiation Planning Session #1

Today Richard took me to radiation for my 1st planning session.

I laid on a hard foot wide table/bed with nothing on the top half of my body while 2 nurses lined up a machine that had laser beams that they used to mark me by. There was one on each side of me and they each had a purple sharpie pen and were making marks. Then they called in  Dr. Kim and he put some tape stuff all the away around my breast and he did some marking on me too.
Then one nurse took a needle and gave me a very small tattoo the size of a freckle ( i asked for rose or something fun but she said she wasn't any good at that kind of tattoo!) I was marked on the on left side of the breast kind of under my arm, the center between my breast and the same spot on the other side of the breast/ arm area.

Then they gave me hospital gown and took me and my purse on my lap,in a wheel chair with the feet peddles half way up (not real comfy!) to another floor of the hospital for a cat scan. That's when we found out that there was an emergency that came in and they needed the machine and we had to wait. So the nurses left me, in my wheel chair at the side of the hallway to wait our turn.. awkward! but then they decided we could use the machine if we hurried. So we did.
When we were done, got back to radiation dept and I put my top back on and got my next apt date for Sept 27th for my second planning session.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I didn't realize it took that much planning. Two sessions?...just planning sessions? Well, that way, they'll get it right. It'll be nice for you and Richard when this is all over. Looking forward to it. Luv you! Missy

    ReplyDelete