Thursday, May 6, 2010

Food Cravings

Beth asked if I am craving any certain foods. Thanks for the question!! Lets see... a big bottle of wine, a margarita,home made pomegranate martini, home made sangria, all sound really good!!!! Seriously, I don't seem to be craving anything specific.. During the sick days, I do seem to want tortilla chips.. I think its the salt from them that I want. One night for dinner on a plate I had wheat thins and tortilla chips. Not the healthiest, but it was something. Another night we had grilled cheese and tomato soup.. seems like food during my sick days do not have much flavor and kind of taste like metal-not real appetizing! With the nauseated feeling and not eating much due to this, some times I have a hard time telling the two apart so eating a little of anything during that time is good. The Dr. wants me to be drinking a lot of liquids to flush the drugs through my system. This I have a problem with as I am not a big liquid drinker to begin with. but I try to always have something close to be sipping on. Whether its apple juice, orange juice, water, ginger ale, 7-up or milk. I try to stay away from the soda pops and coffee during these sick days. Apple juice is my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady,
    Thanks for the info!
    I bought a box of Wheat Thins a few weeks ago for the first time in years and went through it way too fast!
    Sorry to hear about things tasting like metal, that can't be helping when your feeling sick.
    Thanks again for taking the time and energy to answer!
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete