Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feelin' Good




I have included pictures of the two wigs I found on Saturday when mom and I went back to Portland to the Wig Gallery on Broadway.
    I think we were in there for one and a half to two hours!!! I think I tried on 20 wigs. Its harder than one thinks to buy a wig! I wanted something close to my natural color .. everything that is semi dark has a black tone and I don't look good in black hair! Or it has a red/orange tint and I don't look good in that either.

    I was determined I was not leaving with out at least one wig! The guy working in the store was helpful and his mom who owns the store offered to trim the bangs for me if I bought one. I ended up buying two! The long one, is really full feeling and I have wore it twice, both times with some of it pulled back with a barrette. I really like both that I found, and mom was so patient with me. Thanks mom!!
    For those of you wondering how I am feeling, I am feeling really good. If it weren't for the fact that i have no hair and have to wear a wig all the time, I wouldn't know that I have been getting chemo treatments.
My energy level is good, my appetite is good (wish that could change!), my attitude and outlook are good.
So far, its the 4 or 5 days following chemo that I am sick, than it goes away and I feel like my old regular self again.
    I asked my oncologist, Dr. Richert-Boe if as time goes on and the more treatments I have, will the sickness time last longer? She said it shouldn't.
Next time I go back is next week, May 12th to have my blood tested to make sure the white blood cell count is not too low. If its not too low, I go back the next day on the 13th for the chemo. If it is too low, than I go back, I think its a week later.

5 comments:

  1. Nancy, You are such a trooper. We did have a good time shopping for wigs. It's something we would never have done if you had no cancer. Not that cancer is a good thing, but we have to look on the positive side. We'll make the most of it and hope for the best. And I know Jehovah will help us right to the end, at which point you will be healthy again. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Nance,

    The wigs look great. They look so natural. I would have thought that was your natural hair. Keep your attitude and thoughts positive always trusting that Jehovah will be there for you. He will help you to endure whatever you have to face. Our prayers are with you. Love ya girlfriend. Peggy Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy my dear sister,

    You made good choices on your wigs they look natural. I am glad that you feel good. Love ya ~ Shari Birch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lady,
    Lookin good! Glad to hear you are feeling good. It is very informative for those of us who have no idea what chemo is like to hear how you are feeling at different stages. Sounds like your body is handling it well and at least keeping a predictable '5 days of down time' afterwards pattern.
    You mentioned your appetite, I am wondering if you are craving any certain foods? Like salty or sweet or chocolate or...anything?
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)I love Monique and Brittany........Vivian is my favorite still!!!
    hugs!!!
    Brigette

    ReplyDelete