Friday, April 30, 2010

Scars

I read a quote in a magazine from some one who had surgery scars. The lady's comment was that she thought of them as battle scars... a battle that she won. I decided that this is good attitude to have. I don't like my surgery scars but it could have been worse. This is a battle, but not a battle that can not be won. I made the comment today that sometimes this is a physical sickness to get over and cope with. Other days, its a mental process to accept this. After chemo on April 22nd, I came home and was sick right away. Was sick for the rest of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I think the sickness on Tuesday was because I really over did it on Monday. Went to work on Wednesday and was still feeling sick to my stomach but stayed all day. By Thursday I was feeling good and by today.. I feel like my regular, normal self.. bald but feel like myself. Am going back to Portland to look at more wigs tomorrow with my mom. My normal hair style when I had hair was always three ways. Curly, strait, or in a pony tail. Now that I have 2 wigs I already feel like I am in a rut and need some options. Hope I find at least one more cute one.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling so well. This is not an easy process but hang in there and know that we are thinking of you. We love and miss you. Take care and let us see some beautiful wigs on the beautiful person (YOU)!

    Love ~ Shari Birch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy-I am so glad to hear you are feeling better! I check your blog everyday and wonder how you are. I know this is a horrible battle to have to fight. Do whatever you have to to endure the bad days and savor the good ones.

    Have you looked online at the wigs? I bought one from "Paula Young" and love it.
    Continue to put-up the good fight and know how much love is coming your way. Jackie Ruth

    ReplyDelete