Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Hair Loss

As each day does by I am losing more hair. This morning it was coming out in handfuls. When I got done drying my hair, on the floor there was a ring of hair around where I was standing.. not to mention what I lost in washing it and combing through it before drying it. No really thin or bald spots showing yet, so no one would really know if I didn't tell them. Yesterday I kept it in a ponytail, and most likely will today too. Can't handle seeing on my shoulders or arm and knowing that the back of shirt would be covered with it. My head still tingles/hurts, I wonder if it will even after the hair is gone.... Just sitting here, its falling out and the only thing moving on me are my fingers on the keyboard! Than there is the temptation to pull out as much as I can (not sure why)... maybe to get it over with, or maybe in my mind I think it might stop coming out the more I pull at it. I wont try to pull it out, as I want to keep it as long as I can. Emotional... very much so. Other than crying and looking in the mirror for a bald or super thin spot, and bawling about it some more there is absolutely no way to have prepared myself for this.

4 comments:

  1. lady!
    I am go thankful you got some really cute and NICE wigs. Even though you knew this would happen, I agree, no way to really mentally prepare for it. You have been so strong, hang in there!
    Tweedle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry a little with you today. I love you. Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful with your hair or without. You are such a sweet sister and I feel it is a priviledge to know you. I am glad too that you found such cute wigs that look nice on you. No one can know what this is like unless they go through it but my thoughts and prayers and thoughts are with you my dear sister. Keep strong. I love you ~ Shari B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have terribly thin hair and am constanly checking the back of my head for thin/balding spots, but I can only imagine what you are going through. Hang in there sis it's only temporary until chemo is done. Your wigs looked very natural. You are in our thoughts and prayers. May Jehovah give you the courage to endure this obstacle in your road to recovery. Love ya sis~Peggy Brown

    ReplyDelete