Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wig Day

Got up today and after washing my hair decided today had to be my first day to wear a wig to work. Today's hair loss was a tremendous loss. And part of my hair was so dry and ratted that I couldn't comb it out.... so I cut it out. I lost enough to have bald spots on the top of my head. I could see my scalp in many places. When I put what I had into a pony tail, it was about the thickness of my little finger. The majority of my hair went in the garbage today. I texted Kris, "Wig Day". I didn't hear back from her but put my wig on and went to work. When I got to work, Kris was already there -- and in her wig. It was a huge help since both of us were in wigs, the attention was not only on me. When I got home I called my sister in law Binnie and made arrangements to have her come over tomorrow and shave my head. My scalp is not as sensitive as it was, it still hurts when I touch it, still feels like a sunburn on my scalp but hurts less now. Tonight after I showered, I took the scissors and cut off a big chunk of hair. Theres not much length to it now. No hair long enough for a pony tail tomorrow. Figured that sense its getting shaved tomorrow, why not just chop off what I can now.

2 comments:

  1. Tell Kris we love her. Love you too.
    Wade & Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady,
    is today your first visit at the new center?
    If it is, I hope it went as smoothly as possible and is more comfortable for you than the old place.
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete