Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sick, Sick

Lets see,I don't hardly know what day it is today. Thursday was the chemo day. Friday was pretty good, up and around the house, made dinner etc. Just moving very slow all day. By Friday night,,, not so hot... nauseous.. almost to the point of throwing up. You know, that nice tight feeling you get...think I would have felt better if I could have thrown up. But the Dr's don't want you to that point. Saturday I think I slept 20 hours. Got up by 8am was back in bed at 10am got up again, went back to bed until about 4pm. If I wasn't in bed, I was out flat on the sofa all day. Since I had hardly eaten anything, about 5pm, I sent Richard to Nipps for a hamburger, it sounded really good. The Dr. said nothing too greasy or spicy. I ate about three quarters of the burger and it helped to have some food. Sunday, today, I feel a little better. Made Richard a big breakfast. Then hit the sofa for a while and than took another nap. Just now got up and its 3pm. I am not hungry and I am sure that's not helping with feeling sick. My stomach probably thinks I am on strike! Have a head ache and am tired of taking pills. I have to take 4 different types of pills at 8am and the sames ones again at 8pm. All of them to keep the nauseous feeling down. Tonight I think are the last ones of this round. I missed the Special Assembly Day on Saturday, and took Monday off work. Hopefully I will feel like going to work on Tuesday. I cant handle this feeling much longer. I like the staying in my PJ's all day.. that I can get used to! Richard is out getting me some some apple juice, 7-up and ginger ale right now. Cant say I have been the best weekend company for my husband. But I can say , he has been great about helping me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. We're so sorry you're feeling so sick. So glad Richard is taking such good care of you. Give him our love and thanks. Glad you could eat something and keep it down. Hope you feel much better tomorrow. If you're going to make a habit of being in your pj's...do we need to get you some new ones?! :-) Luv ya bunches! Wade & Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I have been following your blog...Thank you so much for keeping us up on how you are doing. Here's the Mom in me coming out...You do whatever you need to do to make this the easiest to get through! I've helped a couple of very sick people in my day and with that experience I say, "Do what's best and most comfortable for Nancy with no apologies."
    I only "boss" because I care.
    Please, give my best to Richard. Much Love, Jackie R.

    ReplyDelete