Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Updates

Not much to update.. feeling really well. A little more tired than normal I think.
Still fighting with Kaiser about my co-pays. Chemo is considered a specialty office visit and is $25.00 each time. Since I have met the deductible and the out of pocket amount, I don't have to pay any more co-pays for the year. However, every time I go, Kaiser bills me later for the copay, I call them and we go through this routine. They tell me that it has been coded wrong in the computer and they change it.
I have a call in to two people who work in the billing dept to see why the computer keeps "un" coding my account every time I go. I probably wont hear from them since Kaiser is really bad with returning phone calls.
Today was informed that at work that on June 1st there will be a fundraiser for me. Yo, Sharla and Kris have banded together and will be in charge of selling cookies at the Main branch, the Kelso branch, the 30th ave branch and the call center.
Its nice to know that so many people care. Here is the email that went out:
WE WILL BE HAVING A COOKIE FUNDRAISER FOR NANCY SMITH ON TUESDAY, JUNE 1ST.
COOKIES ARE FROSTED SUGAR COOKIES AND WILL BE $3 EACH.
COOKIES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT 15TH, KELSO, 30TH AVE AND THE CALL CENTER.
DEDUCTION SLIPS WILL BE AVAILABLE.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
ANY Q’S SEE YOLANDA, SHARLA OR KRIS B.
Richard talked to an old school friend in California tonight and his friend Randy said to tell me that I can do it, hang in there and that he is a cancer survivor also. Its nice to think if survivors and cancer in the same thought.
Still dreading June 3rd for my next treatment.

2 comments:

  1. That is really nice Nancy about the fund raiser. You are a sweet woman and there are a lot who care. May Jehovah give you the needed strength to get through this time in your life. It was so good to see you at the meeting the other night. I think of you often but don't always get you called like I would like. Take care.

    Your Friend and Sister In The Faith ~ Shari Birch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady,
    I was thinking about you today, hoping lots of people bought cookies today! Will be thinking of you tomorrow, too! Half way done. And you go into the second half w/o as much of the fear and anxiety of the unknown...you know the routine, what to expect now...doesn't make it more pleasant, but its an up side! : )
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete