Wednesday, November 10, 2010

COUNTDOWN: NUMBER 4

Today is going to be treatment number four.!
Yesterday I said I was going to count how many times the machine beeped... well, it was super tough and will have to try again today.
On all my other treatments, up to yesterday, the machine randomly beeped and moved. It moved into 10 different positions around me. Now it moves into 4 positions and the beeps sometimes are long followed by a bunch of really fast smaller beeps ( to clarify if I haven't already, the machine beeps when its administering the radiation). So now that it beeps for a long time in one spot means I am getting a really big dose in that spot. I tried to count,  I think it beebs 70 or 72 times.
Yesterdays treatment was  a lot shorter than before which was nice.
There is lady, I will call her really "talky" that comes in right after me everyday and she has just started her radiation and she is bald as can be and she said she loves it, than turns to me (there was another lady in the waiting room too) and says, " is that a wig? its beautiful. As you can tell, I like not having hair"..
well, what do you say to that? so I just said, "yes, it is a wig, I'm not as brave". and about then I was called to the back, thank goodness. Its not that I don't like talking to people I don't know, but I find some of this treatment kind of personal. I don't care what my friends ask of course and trust me, I have been asked some pretty off the wall questions!

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you will be done before Nov. 18th?

    Love ya ~ Shari B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting close to being done! I know I wouldn't be so comfortable without my hair. I guess it's nice that lady is so secure. Been missing you. Love, Missy

    ReplyDelete