Monday, November 15, 2010

Taking It's Toll

With only three treatments, or 15 minutes (5 minutes each time) left, I can really tell that the treatment now is very intense.
When the radiation started, Dr. Kim said that the "fold" under my arm -- or the area where they took out the lymph nodes and seamed the skin together would be the worst. And he is right. My arm in that area is very  sore and red. I can hardly lift my arm strait up over my head. The spot on my neck by my collar bone is doing better since I have been putting bag balm on it a couple times a day and they are not treating that area any more.
I am very ready for this to be over.
what the radiation machine looks like:
The machine at the left and overhead of the person laying down moves around the person, it can go all the way around the person if needed. For me, I have both arms stretched above my head.

1 comment:

  1. You are almost through with this. It sounds uncomfortable. Thanks for the picture of the machine too.

    Love ya ~ Shari B

    ReplyDelete