Thursday, November 4, 2010

Radiation Planning Session 3

Today my appointment was earlier in the day and was scheduled for at least 45 minutes.
Like the first time I went to radiation, today I laid on the table with the lights out and they marked new places only this time with  green Sharpie pen (last time it was purple) and I got new stickers but mostly they just drew on my skin today. This is in preparation for the last 5 treatments when they zone in on the surgery site. Up until now its been a broad area that they have been treating.
So after the new markings, Dr. Kim comes in and looks and OKs it. I layed there so long I thought my arms were going to fall asleep.(they are stretched above my head holding on to two pegs/handles and its not comfy at all.) Once this was done, I went into the treatment room for my actual radiation treatment. I arrived at 4pm and left at 5:20pm
Today was Thursday, Dr Day; when I met with Dr. Kim I asked him why the treatment is bothering (red, itchy and dry) so far up on my chest. He said that there are lymph nodes up there too so they need to treat them also. I never thought of that. He suggested using a lot of the lotion that is radiation approved that they gave me a while back.
He asked me if I knew how many treatments I had left. I said , " I think its 8" and he said, " I think its 7" so my rely was, " you are the doctor, I'll go with your count".

2 comments:

  1. You are so close to being done!!
    I never thought about where your arms go. Are they always up over your head during radiation, or was that just for the marking part?
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The count down begins. I bet you are glad that you are almost done. You are a real trooper dear sister Nancy. May Jehovah continue to be with you.

    Love ~ Shari Birch

    ReplyDelete