Wednesday, November 17, 2010

LAST RADIATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Today at 5:45pm was my last radiation! YIPEEEEEE.
Having a celebratory martini as I type!

All I have left now is the Herceptin drug every three weeks at Kaiser until June. This I can handle since it doesn't make me sick and I usually go back to work when done. I will be checked every three months with a heart scan to make sure the heart muscle is holding up, since this is the side effect of the drug. And the heart will repair itself once the drug is discontinued should this happen.

This morning Kris texted me and said she was wearing pink today and wearing her wig (Bridgette) since it was my last treatment and did I want to wear pink too. I said yes.
When I got work, I found my desk decorated with pink crepe paper, pink ribbons, pink balloons and a pink boa. As every one came in, all my co-workers were wearing pink too and they all brought food for a food day. There was all kinds of food and even a cake that was pink and white and said congratulations with a pink ribbon on it. I got a basket of flowers/plant and a wine glass that has pink ribbons all over it. My co- workers are amazing, caring, generous, very supportive friends who have been so nice through out this entire process and I say THANK YOU for all they have done!

I have a check up in six weeks with Dr. Kim to check my radiation. I had no sadness in leaving the radiation office today. In fact I wanted to run out of there but I didn't. I did walk right out and say to the receptionist on my way out.. "see in 6 weeks. I didn't stop, I didn't linger.. just wanted out of there! I am sore now and I know in the next few days it will get to be more sore but then it should start to go away.

As Beth put it in an email earlier today:  Woo Hoo!!  Last time hearing the beeps!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nancy,

    You made it through. I am so proud of you and your positive attitude that you have displayed through out all of this. I would like to do something special but don't know what you would like or would like to do. Any hints?????? Love you dear sister ~ Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shari,
    No hints you are on your own to surprise me!!
    I love surprises.

    ReplyDelete