Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Band Aid

Yes the Dr. put just a large band aid over my drain area. On the way home, we stopped at Safeway so I could buy some think like it. With the drain out, I can finally reach it myself. I seem to have more free movement of my arm now. My mom has been coming over twice a day to take care of the drain. But now I can be a big girl and take care of myself. Thanks mom! Boy do I owe you!! The surgery area is healing well. What is odd, is that if I get goose bumps, or shiver a little, it sends a sharp quiver/tingle feeling in the surgery area's. Its the oddest feeling. Maybe that's they way it is. I have never had any surgery's before. I also do not have any feeling in my underarm. I am thinking some of the feeling will come back once I start to use my arm more and can actually raise my hand above my head. Its still so sore and I am very cautious of both areas. Meaning the spot they took the lymph nodes from and the spot they took the lump out, there are two different areas on the same arm. Some one said without the lymph nodes, that arm will not sweat.. saves some on the deodorant! When summer comes I will have to pay attention to it and see if they are correct!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Sis! I was reading...and saw some special under arm deoderant for chemo patients, because the metal in deoderant and chemo don't mix well. You should write that down to ask your oncologist, see if he says its a problem. Wade loves to try and gross people out...so, after reading Kris' comments, he thinks he and Tom could be great friends! He'd like a shot at helping him get over his queasiness! :-) Have fun at meeting tonight! Love you! - Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy,
    Thats awesome about Wade!
    I will ask about the deoderant, good to know.
    You always have good suggestions! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady,
    I hope you have a great day today!!! :)
    lADY 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Daughter Dear, I just want to say you are doing so well. I am so proud of you. Things are looking better and better. I know we can beat this, so keep up the good work. I love you so much. Mon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear. I can't believe I did that!!! I misspelled "Mom" !! It must be this bum hand I have. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady,
    how you doin?? Hope your sleeping better back in your bed. Your mom's so funny, I thought she was trying to sound Jamaican for a minute!
    Hope you have a great day today!
    Much love, mon
    -Beth

    ReplyDelete