Thursday, February 25, 2010

Downsize

The area where I have been wearing a band aid from the drain site is getting quite sore with removing the band aid twice a day. I have never done well with the stickiness of a band aid. Even though the ones I am using are latex free, it still leaves quite a sore area. I was really hoping that today I could start the day with a smaller band aid and just downsizing to some smaller ones.. Not only because that would relieve some of the tender area's from where the sticky part is bugging me, but also because its one more part of healing from the surgery. And I have emailed Dr. Chung to see about a work release date.. and am still waiting to hear back. I love being home, and am trying to use my arm more since its really sore and stiff from where they took out the lymph nodes. But think I might be able to make it through a days work. Its not like my job is physical. I think I could do it.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could do a half day and see how it goes once you are released?? I may have missed this, but which arm, right or left?
    Does it feel less sore or more sore with trying to use it more?
    Thanks for the update : )
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left arm.
    The more I use it, the more I can tell I am getting more use out of it.
    But its tough say, to pull up my pants-- your arm is to the side and kind of behind you-- so getting dressed is not a quick thing!
    In time, and with use, it should be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you today and hoping you are doing well - I miss you and love you loads!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete