Tuesday, March 16, 2010

muga scan

Went today for the muga scan. It was at St. Johns Nuclear Meds dept. This time I knew were to go!~ Nothing to eat or drink starting at 8:30 am until my appointment.. so I had breakfast at 8am and drank a large bottle of water before 8:30am. Not too bad, I was really thirsty by the time I was done and able to eat and drink again. When I got there, they gave me an IV and I had to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes while it got into my system. The IV is a protein that attaches to the red blood cells that they than can monitor. Than they called me back and I had to lay on the foot wide bed just like for the bone scan. In fact it was the same machine. They watch the left side of the heart to make sure its healthy, enough to be able to withstand the chemo drugs, especially the Adriamycin. After about 10 minutes the machine moves around you and it than its taking pictures of the left side of the heart still, but from a different angle. I stopped off at the house grabbed a PB&J and glass of milk for lunch and headed back to work. Total time for today's appointment including the drive was from 12:30 to 2pm Wasn't too bad today. I just hope there is no side effect to what they did today!

2 comments:

  1. You are beginning to sound like a pro with all this medical jargon, and explanations about how things work and why. Considering a career change to the medical world? You'd be good at it! No more idiots on the phone! :-) Love ya! Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy,
    I want to be "in-the-know" so I kind of know what to expect for the appointment/day! I am sooooo not a medical person! I am the person who passed out when visiting someone in the hospital one time! Thanks for the idea of a career change from a "call girl" into the medical field!

    ReplyDelete