Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chemo Day #2

Tomorrow Thursday April 1st is now my scheduled new day to give chemo a second chance. Have the chest port installed and ready to be used. Am a little nervous this time as to what it will feel like and what I will feel like. Will I feel it going into the vein? Will I feel hot? cold? sick? head achy? I guess I will figure that out. Appointment is at 9am. and even though I am scared, I am ready to get the long road ahead started and over with! Brought a thank you card, some tulips and a Starbucks gift card to the hospital today for the anesthesiologist (Kay) that was so nice, helpful,and knowledgeable when I had my chest port surgery. She was very smart about the situation of me not accepting a blood transfusion should it have came to that and I wanted to let her know that as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I really appreciated her. Hope to sleep OK tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    I have been thinking of you all day, and hope all is going well (as well as to be expected at least)! You are a strong woman, and have done amazing through all this, keep hanging in there ya tough lil nut!! ;0)

    ~Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhmmm, I am wondering if you are done yet or still there. I think you said 4 hours - ish?? Either way, it means you should be about done with treatment #1, caught up on your reading, and hopefully feeling ok, or at least relieved the 'first time' is over! Get a treat, and some rest!
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhmmm, I am wondering if you are done yet or still there. I think you said 4 hours - ish?? Either way, it means you should be about done with treatment #1, caught up on your reading, and hopefully feeling ok, or at least relieved the 'first time' is over! Get a treat, and some rest!
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Love! Hope everything went smoothly today...and that you can get some rest. Love you so much. You're in our prayers. Missy & Wade

    ReplyDelete