Friday, March 5, 2010

Part time today

Got up early to be able to work out my arm and shoulder so I could get ready for work today. Its always really stiff and sore in the mornings. Only spent from 8:30am to noon at work. My desk is taller than I thought and by noon my arm was so sore from holding it up.And I was feeling really sleepy. So I went home... only a half day but I guess that's better than no day. Its progress. I sit right outside my managers office and she can see everything I do and hear everything I say.. doesn't bother me (if that's what you were wondering!). I told her I was going to go home and why. Her comment to me was that she had been noticing that I was starting to keep my left arm down and do things with only my right hand/arm. She is going to look into getting our IT dept to install a lower pullout keyboard tray.. like the home computer desks usually have. I thought that was really nice. I never thought of it none the less asking work to provide it. So I spent the afternoon on the sofa with a book relaxing. I also had to take some pain meds when I got home. That disappointed me since I have been working so hard to get off them and it had been two days of no meds. However, I am happy to report that I can, with just a little soreness raise my arm up over my head. But of course that's later in the day when its been worked and stretched out. Seems like about 2pm or 3pm is when its feeling the best. baby steps.. one step at a time..

6 comments:

  1. You sound tired. Hope you got some rest this afternoon. What book are you reading?
    Love Ya...Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are getting back into your routine of work. It sounds like your supervisor is very compassionate and kind.

    On your last post: I have heard of reactions such as yours to the nuclear medicine. Maybe the technicians don't hear back about such reactions. They only do the test and send the people on their way. The radiologist reads the results and doesn't ever see the person that had the test either. The results go to the doctor. They might be the ones that hear about any reactions. However, the next visit after the test is probably a quick followup to tell you the results. Do you think that most would remember to mention any reactions? I have to write things down to ask my doctor because the visit is short and I can't remember everything I want to ask or say. You might inform your doc that you felt that way and see what they say.
    The nice day was encouraging as well as the pretty trees and spring flowers. It won't be long before it will be warm enough to sit on your deck and enjoy it. It is getting closer! Binnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady,
    Im glad you made it part of the day, thats awesome! Like you said, baby steps! Hang in there!! KB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie! I am so proud of you....how tough you are to go back to work and try to stick it out so quickly! You are a trooper!

    Love you!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady,
    hope you had a good weekend, and that your appt today went smoothly. Hopefully that arm is letting up a bit and feeling better.
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,
    I should say I hope your consult tomorrow goes as well as possible, too!!
    -Beth

    ReplyDelete